- Go to the train station at Frankfurt airport “Frankfurt(M)Flughafen Fernbahnhof”.
- Get your train ticket and departure timetable in the train station ticket office (if you haven’t got an online ticket).
- Take the train to Kaiserslautern main station “Kaiserslautern Hbf”. Most trains travel via Mannheim (probably you have to change trains here), last about 1 hour 40 minutes, and cost about 35 EUR.
From Kaiserslautern Train Station:
It is not far to the Fraunhofer ITWM where the course takes place or the city and hotels (about 20 minutes on foot).
- You can take a taxi in front of the Kaiserslautern train station (about 6 EUR).
- Or you can take the bus number 115 from the Kaiserslautern train station whose destination is Universität and get down in the Fraunhofer zentrum. The bus number 115 leaves in every 14, 34 and 54 minutes from the main station. You can find the timetable of the bus in the vrn website (VRN)
If you have further questions, please use the information desk inside the train station.
Central Bus Station Rathaus (near all recommended hotels)
From Kaiserslautern Rathaus (Central Bus Station):
you can take the bus number 115 from the Kaiserslautern Rathaus whose destination is Universität and get down in the Fraunhofer zentrum. The bus number 115 leaves in every 05, 25 and 55 minutes from the main bus station
If you have any questions concerning the organization of the PhD course, please contact: