A Euro-NF sponsored PhD course on
Future Network Architectures and Experimentation
5 - 9 March, 2012
University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
The network architecture today is inflexible. To provide flexibility in network architectures, several approaches have been developed. Some of those are Autonomic Network Architecture (ANA), Recursive InterNetwork
Architecture (RINA), eXpressive Internet Architecture (XIA) and Service Oriented Network Architecture (SONATE). The aim of this course is to provide insight into several future network
architectures with hands-on tutorial.
After completing this course, the participants will learn
- Problems with the current layered network architecture
- Differences between evolutionary and clean slate approaches
- Several future network architecture approaches
- Autonomic Network Architecture (ANA)
- Recursive InterNetwork Architecture (RINA)
- eXpressive Internet Architecture (XIA)
- Service Oriented Network Architecture (SONATE)
- Research challenges for future network architectures
- Future Internet experimentation
- Peter Steenkiste (Professor, Departments of CS and ECE, Carnegie Mellon University)
- Alex Galis (Professor, Department of EEE, University College London)
- Miguel Ponce De Leon (Chief Technologist, Telecommunications Software & Systems Group (TSSG))
- Dr. Martin May (Director, Strategy Media Delivery, Technicolor Research Lab Paris)
- Paul Mueller (Professor, Department of CS, TU Kaiserslautern)
- Dr.-Ing. Bernd Reuther (Department of CS, TU Kaiserslautern)
Call For Registration
The course is free for Euro-NF members. But, non Euro-NF members have to pay registration fees.
|PhD Student (with matriculation)
|Others (Research assistant)
Registration deadline is 29th of February 2012 . To register for the course, please send an email to M. Rahamatullah Khondoker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information.
To finalize the registration process, email will be sent to non Euro-NF members to complete the payment process.
- Last name, First name
- ID card or passport number
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Food preferences
- Euro-NF partner number (when applicable)
- Other information (if any)
Keine Verbindung zur Datenbank möglich.